Monday, January 28, 2013

Making Hummus

I made Hummus. If you have not  tried this high protein fiber filled dip, you really should.
This is what I used to make my Hummus. 3 cans drained garbonzo beans (or also called chickpeas) , 2 lemons, olive oil, tahini paste, (you can get that in the international food section, or just ask your grocer) roasted garlic, salt and pepper. I love using my Ninja blender for this, it works perfectly. Altho because of it's size I made this in 3 batches.



I started out roasting my garlic. You can use raw, but I find it too sharp and strong, I love roasted garlic. just cut off the top, drizzle some olive oil salt and pepper, wrap in foil, bake at 400 for 30 minutes. I roasted it last night along with my roasted veggies.


This is what it looks like after its roasted and the garlic is squeezed out. It's so fragrant and delicious!  

Just blend it all together until smooth.
I drizzled some more olive oil on top, salt and pepper. I will give some away, freeze some and eat some this week. I hope you make some, it is a superfood! 

1 comment:

  1. I love hummus!!! I like to put sundried tomatoes and roasted red peppers in mine. Also if you like a little spicy hot put a chipole pepper in adobe sauce from a can in. Yummmm, so good!!!

    ReplyDelete