Sunday, January 27, 2013

Roasted Veggies with Quinoa and Beef Tips

Today I made some roasted veggies with quinoa with beef tips. This made 2 large servings. I ate one and saved the rest for tomorrow. If you are counting WW points it was 13 points. That could be cut in half. I used 1 cup quinoa, 5 oz beef. 1 Tablespoon olive oil. I was hungry and had tons of points to use up. it was so satisfying.
I started out slicing and stir frying a particle frozen 1 pound beef tip. 


I gathered the veggies I wanted to use. (basically cleaned out my fridge)

I rough chopped the veggies sprayed with olive oil, and shook some fajita  seasoning on them. Put them in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes.  (I used my handy dandy toaster oven)



I had some quinoa left from the other day. when I cooked this under the directions on the package, I added a bouillon cube to add flavor. Then just heated up in the microwave. 


I added the stir fried beef. and put it all together on a bed of quinoa. This is the final product. (forgive the messy plate, I am sure I will get better at this as time goes by) Oh my Goodness was this good! better than stir fry, because the roasted veggies were caramelized and the flavor was concentrated. Very very filling. The fajita seasoning was awesome. I will for sure make this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment