Friday, February 8, 2013

Mercy Me!

   I'm in pain! Real pain. If I had not worked out today and just woke feeling this bad, I would surely go to the ER. I'm not being dramatic, it's that real. But no amount of pain will stop me from getting well. This kind of pain feels good. Like my trainer says, Pain is weakness leaving your body.

   I lost a friend today. Someone I was very close to at one time. We had a long history. I was the family friend that stopped by randomly to have family time, the kind a single person craves. This family were my lifeline, they still are. But my friend chose a different path. The path of addiction. It destroyed his marriage, his family, most of his relationships with friends and God, and his business.  It could be me, it should be me. There is little difference between an alcoholic and a food addict. We are both trying to fill that God shaped hole in out heart with our drug of choice. My friend was my age, he had a beautiful family and adorable grandchildren.

   I can't bring my friend back. But I can learn something. I can  Really listen to what God is teaching me. I don't believe God took his life, but I do believe God uses these things to teach us something.

   So back to my pain. No amount of work or pain is as bad as feeling like you are simply breathing, but dead. Pain makes me feel alive! I know I'm making progress. This is the hardest physical work I've done to get healthy,  ever. In 96 when I lost 200 pounds, I was unhealthy, but younger and stronger. This is a whole new experience. So bring it on, I'm ready to live! I am willing to work as hard as it takes to get back into life again. We serve a God of Second chances. (Sometimes third or fourth) I am looking forward to tomorrow morning when I'm rested up, the pain has reduced itself to a dull ache. I will have less shuffle in my step, my faith built up a little more, and confidence knowing I will be more than a conqueror.

Romans 8:37
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Be blessed everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment